If you have often struggled with the age-old question “what can a business do to improve its productivity?” you should know that resource management is the main focus.
It requires a strategy to maximise productivity and avoid wasting time and money. However, companies often fail to invest in innovation and the tools available to employees are outdated.
It is only by using the right technology that waste can be minimised, routine tasks can be delegated to “machines”, and employees can be given all the tools they need to be productive.
In the article "Company resources: what they are and how they can be managed" we outlined the main sources of waste within the company. Now we want to analyse how this waste can be minimised and suggest 3 ways to increase productivity in a business.
Contact one of our experts for free, or continue reading the article to know more!
1. Synchronisation of business resources and processes
One of the causes of work slowdown is the difficulty in finding information.
Often, employees in one division do not have easy access to documentation from another area, even if it produces information that is binding for their own work.
Pigro knowledge management solution easily integrates with all your repositories and management software already used, and allows you to search for the information you need in one place. By typing a simple question, you will receive the precise answer directly extracted from your knowledge base, with the option of accessing the document.
This minimises search time, allowing your employees to focus on more value-added activities.
2. Remote employee productivity
With the rise of remote work, ensuring the productivity of employees who are working from different locations has become a top priority for businesses. The traditional office setup where employees are physically present is no longer the norm, and companies need to adapt to this new reality.
Remote work offers various benefits, such as increased flexibility, reduced commuting time, and access to a wider talent pool. However, it also comes with its challenges, including potential distractions, communication barriers, and a lack of supervision.
To improve remote employee productivity, businesses can leverage technology and implement effective strategies. Here are some key considerations:
- Communication and collaboration tools: Utilize communication and collaboration tools that facilitate seamless interaction among remote team members. Platforms like Slack, Microsoft Teams, or Zoom enable real-time communication, file sharing, and video conferencing, fostering collaboration and keeping employees connected.
- Clear goals and expectations: Clearly define goals, targets, and expectations for remote employees. Establishing clear guidelines helps remote workers stay focused and understand their priorities. Regular check-ins and performance evaluations can ensure that employees are on track and provide an opportunity for feedback and support.
- Time management techniques: Remote work can blur the boundaries between personal and professional life, making it essential for employees to manage their time effectively. Encourage the use of time management techniques such as the Pomodoro Technique, where employees work in focused intervals followed by short breaks. This helps maintain productivity and prevents burnout.
- Training and skill development: Invest in training programs and provide resources for remote employees to enhance their skills and knowledge. This not only boosts their productivity but also shows that the company values their professional growth. Webinars, online courses, and virtual workshops can be valuable tools for continuous learning.
- Employee engagement initiatives: Remote work can sometimes lead to feelings of isolation and disengagement. Implement initiatives to foster employee engagement, such as virtual team-building activities, recognition programs, and regular virtual meetings to maintain team cohesion and morale.
By prioritizing remote employee productivity, businesses can adapt to the changing work landscape and unlock the full potential of their remote workforce. With the right technology and strategies in place, businesses can ensure that remote employees have the necessary tools, support, and motivation to thrive in their roles and contribute to overall business success.
The presence of innovation and technological resources in business has become crucial today to keep companies competitive in the market. And, in particular, the use of artificial intelligence and related technologies has given a huge boost to innovation.
According to a PwC study, 52% of companies accelerated their AI adoption processes due to Covid global crisis.
The AI Journal found that 72% of leaders feel positive about the role that AI will play in the future, especially in making business processes more efficient. However, there are still several barriers to the use of this technology in enterprises, especially in the lack of understanding or commitment towards investing at the board level, as 59% of the respondents said.
The decision not to invest in innovation, in fact, has repercussions in all fields: employees will not be motivated by having to waste time every day to solve problems that could easily be avoided, customers will have an idea of the company as obsolete or underdeveloped and much more.
A good Knowledge Management system not only avoids repetitive tasks but also simplifies many of the activities of the employees who will then be able to do their work better and faster.
Pigro uses artificial intelligence to extract all the information you need from your documentation, self-learning from every question asked, feedback or new material imported and constantly improving its results.
Your answers will thus always be up-to-date with the latest version of the documents in your Knowledge Base.
4. Speed of resolution
Sometimes the workflow is compromised by a lack of information, which is binding to proceed.
But when these gaps are discovered, it is often already too late: the person who is looking for information needs it immediately and will lose time if it cannot be found quickly. How can this be prevented? By discovering gaps in the documentation early on, thus preventing this from causing problems in the future.
With the new Knowledge Insights feature from Pigro, you can now gain a comprehensive understanding of the content quality within your knowledge base. This powerful tool allows you to analyze the quality of your documentation and identify any issues or shortcomings that may exist.
By tracking these areas of improvement, you can take proactive steps to enhance the accessibility and usability of the information.
Knowledge Insights goes beyond simply identifying problems; it also provides valuable insights for resolving them.
With this feature, Pigro offers tips and recommendations on how to fill the gaps in your knowledge base with new, relevant content. By continuously improving the quality and completeness of your documentation, you can ensure that your employees have access to accurate and up-to-date information whenever they need it.
By leveraging the Knowledge Insights feature, you can significantly reduce losses caused by misinformation or incomplete documentation. With a clear understanding of the gaps in your knowledge base, you can take immediate action to address them, preventing future complications and delays. This not only improves efficiency and productivity but also enhances the overall performance of your business.
Don't let gaps in your documentation hinder your company's success. With the new Knowledge Insights feature from Pigro, you have the tools to analyze, improve, and optimize your knowledge base, ensuring that your employees have access to the information they need to excel in their roles. Contact us today to learn more about how Pigro can revolutionize your knowledge management processes and drive productivity in your business.
Want more information about Pigro? Contact us!